Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Perpetual Motion "Machine"

My alarm rings. It's 6:35 and it's still dark outside. The house is quiet, and I have a hard time waking up. I think that I might be able to get a cup of coffee before I have to wake Caleb up to get ready for school. I come out of the bedroom and realize the TV is on and the boys are up and watching "Little Einsteins". It's still dark out for Heaven's sake!

After having my coffee and getting myself ready while still feeling like the walking dead, it's Caleb's turn. I grab his uniform, his socks, his shoes, his lunch, and his jacket. While helping him get his uniform on, he's bouncing around, asking me questions, and scolding his brother. When we walk out the door to wait for the bus, he takes off and starts running around the yard. He's kicking stones, playing hide and seek, and just won't stop moving. Heaven help his teacher today, she's going to need it.

After he left for school I started thinking. I have a lot to do today, and it would be really nice to have about an eighth of his energy. I'm pretty sure that could keep me going at a steady clip for the whole day. There's just one small little problem, since no one to date has been able to build a true perpetual motion machine, there's certainly no invention for tapping it's energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment