Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Son Peed On Jimmy Rollins.

OK, well maybe he didn't really pee on Jimmy Rollins, but still. We went to a birthday party on Saturday for a three-year-old girl. It was a nice day and all the kids were playing outside while all the parents stood around and talked. Typical birthday party stuff. Right?

Now my oldest son was very difficult to potty train. Even today, he can be a pest about not wanting to stop playing to go potty. So while we are outside playing, and since we live in the country, I let him pee outside. That way he doesn't have to stop playing for very long, but he doesn't have to hold it forever. Unfortunately for me, he thinks no matter where we are, as long as we're outside he can pee. I bet you can see where this is going...

When we arrived at the party, he jumped in and started playing with the other kids right away. Our younger son took awhile to warm up to the idea, but eventually with a little encouragement, followed his big brother and started playing. Awhile passed with no serious issues. Then I hear one of our friends yelling my name, and as a parent, that's never good. I go over to see what the problem is, and she informs me that my oldest son started to pee, and that my youngest son (who was wearing a Jimmy Rollins t-shirt) wasn't paying attention, and walked right into it. Thankfully the poor kid had two shirts and I was able to take off the Rollins shirt and just leave his undershirt.

Part of me was really embarrassed when it happened, but then I noticed that everyone was laughing. They weren't laughing at me, they were laughing because it was funny! Once I realized that and started laughing along with everyone, I felt a lot better about it. There's a lesson that not only parents, but everyone can learn and try to apply to their life. There are times when you feel like you just want to curl up and die, but it's not always as bad as you think. William Arthur Ward said, "To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity."

I hope everyone can find a reason to laugh today!

No comments:

Post a Comment