Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Friday, September 30, 2011

I Get The Funny Feeling...

Have you ever woken up and immediately knew it was going to be "one of those days"? That happened to me this morning. Each little incident, in and of itself, isn't really a big deal. Put it all together, however, and you have a recipe for a long day.

First of all, I'm very picky about how I wake up. To say that I'm not a morning person is the understatement of the year. I hate the sound of an alarm clock, so to ease my transition from dreamland to reality, I set the alarm on my phone and wake up to a song. This morning, my phone decided it wasn't going to work properly, and at 6:35 started making a sound similar to that of the Liberty Bell having a seizure. Not my favorite way to start the day.

On top of that, Caleb woke up in quite the mood this morning, and wasn't cooperating at all. By the time he was done eating breakfast, I had five minutes to get him out the door. I really don't like being rushed, but I think I handled it pretty well. That is, until we went outside to wait for the bus. While standing there, a stone from the driveway got stuck on the bottom of my shoe. So I scraped my shoe on the ground, then kicked the stone away. Caleb looks at me, without missing a beat, and says, "Mommy, you said not to kick the stones." Busted. Also, another kid who waits for the bus with us (who is slightly out of control) finds what appears to be a dead spider in the road and thinks that every other child should see it. When he calls the other kids over, Caleb walks right out into the middle of the road. Now I'm yelling. I don't like yelling, especially not this early in the morning. All I can think as he gets on the bus is, "This kid's getting in trouble at school today. God help his teacher."

This is just what happened in an hour and 20 minutes, not to mention what I still have to do today. I have about three loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away, plus another load I still have to do. My puppy's incision from when she got spayed looks infected, so I have to take her to the vet. Add on top of this the countless other things that need to be done on a daily basis around the house. All I can say is thank God it's Friday, and I hope things go a little smoother the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment