Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Lotion Go Down Da Hoooole...

People often yearn for their life to mimic a moment they've seen on TV or in a movie. Unfortunately, when my life mimics TV it's usually Looney Tunes or a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. My most recent adventure came a few days ago when AJ decided he was going to play in the toilet. Now, this isn't the first time he's played in the toilet. We've caught him numerous times with his hands in the cookie jar, and by cookie jar I mean toilet bowl. He splashes the water and makes a mess; I yell, strip him down, bathe him, and clean the bathroom. He thinks it's tons of fun and I think I'm going to lose my mind. This last time, however, he decided to up the ante.

With Mommy otherwise occupied, he snuck in the bathroom, opened my drawer, grabbed everything he could and threw it in the toilet. Hair bands, bracelets, even his beloved Blankey found themselves soaking in toilet water. Needless to say when I walked in to find all this I was pretty upset. I pulled what I thought was everything out of the toilet and tried to get things cleaned up. But for the rest of the day, the toilet didn't seem to be flushing properly. I knew something got flushed, I just didn't know what, until I went to bed that night. That was when I realized I was missing my face cream. Well now I know why the toilet isn't flushing right. Luckily for me, there are plumbers in the family and I was able to have someone come out the next morning and fix it.

So just remember parents, be careful what you keep next to the toilet. Because unlike cartoons, what goes down the hole doesn't always come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment