Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, October 3, 2011

And The Whiner Is...

Between Sunday night football and Phillies post-season baseball, all I did last night was flip back and forth between two channels. In football, the team I love was playing a team I hate, and do I really have to explain why I was watching Phillies post-season? I mean, come on, it's the Phillies, and it's post-season baseball. Of course I'm watching.

But of course, in what I assume to be the real reason women traditionally weren't into sports, I was going to have to stay up beyond when I really needed to go to sleep. I prepared for the long haul, knowing I wasn't going to bed before midnight, and plopped myself down on the couch with a bottle of Mt. Dew. Game on. Back and forth between the channels, watching half an inning here and a possession there. Commercial? Back to the other channel. Both commercials? Potty break. I was doing well. I watched the Ravens game until they were up by 17 points in the fourth quarter with about four minutes to go and decided to watch the Phillies game from then on. It was easier to stay awake with the Phils on. Of course that could be because I was yelling at the umpire who couldn't call a consistent strike to save his life, but still. And right around midnight, both games were over. Raven win, Phils lose. Not what I was hoping for.

You want to know who the real loser is? Me. Because I ended up with just under six hours of sleep. Not bad you say? No it isn't. Not normally. The problem occurs when I get six hours of sleep. I'm the kind of person who needs sleep, lots and lots of sleep. I needed a cup of coffee to make a pot of coffee this morning. I think I dropped five things while making my kid's sandwich for school. Well obviously I'm not going to give up watching the sports I love, and I can't give up making Caleb's lunch on Monday mornings, so I suppose I'll just have to suffer until the end of the seasons. One thing I did learn last night? Caleb isn't going to school the Monday after the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment