Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Importance of Compassion

This one is going to be short and to the point. There's a lot of things we want to teach our children: manners, math, how to read, etc. All of these are extremely important, but we're missing a key factor...compassion.

This one isn't the kind of thing where we look at our kids and say, "Now kids, remember to be compassionate" and have it really sink in. What they need is a good example of what compassion looks like. My grandparents were constantly helping people where they could. He owned a shoe store and worked with the Salvation Army to provide people with what they needed. They took in a couple who had just come to America and helped them get on their feet. To them, there was no inconvenience, because they knew how important it was.

I'm hoping that my children see that quality in me, and I hope it passes along. I also hope people realize how important it is to consider your fellow man, and try to teach the next generation to do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment