Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's Going to be a Long Summer.

What President's Day means to children:

I have a four day weekend? Awesome! I can play and have fun! I can stay up later and watch movies! I don't have to wear my uniform! This is going to rock!

What President's Day means to parents:

Crap. They have a four day weekend. They're going to want to stay up later, and I'm going to have to deal with their whiny butt all day.

I know this sounds awful, but after my experience this past weekend, it's pretty much the truth. I tried to make it a pleasant weekend for everyone, but my most valiant efforts failed. I let him stay up later and "read" his books. Sunday, we spent the majority of the day hanging out on the couch watching Star Wars. They even went to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party on Saturday! Don't get me wrong, it was really nice getting to spend time with Caleb, and he got to spend time with his Daddy on Monday going on a walk through the woods, but by Monday night all I could think was, "I'm so glad he's going back to school tomorrow."

Go on, call me "Mother of the Year", I know it sounds horrible. And it is. But mothers of hyper little boys will probably understand. He and Aj were constantly fighting over toys, begging me for something, whining at me or just running around yelling for no reason. Needless to say, it can be frustrating and wearing. All I know is that it's going to be a really long summer, but at least I'll be able to let them play outside.

1 comment: