Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Screw The Energizer Bunny

As you read this, no matter when you read this, one of three things will be happening at my house. Caleb will be running around yelling, AJ will be running around yelling, or I will be running around yelling. Life with a two-year-old and a four-year-old is...well it's interesting to say the least. There's never a dull moment, no matter how much you wish for one. My only reprieve is bedtime, when the little Energizer bunnies I gave birth to finally shut off.

From about 6:00 AM, and for the whole day, my children and I play the "who is more stubborn game", along with "because I'm your mother" and "how many times do I have to tell you to..." It's broken up with mealtimes, snack times, maybe the occasional nap. However, for the most part, that's what I do. Did I mention the oldest one never stops talking? Even when he has nothing to say, he's making noise of some kind.

So why am I writing all this? Because I know it's not just my kids. Many parents out there deal with the same things day in and day out. To all of those reading this. You're not alone. For those of you wishing you had just a fraction of the energy your kids have, you're not alone. For those of you who are ready to tear out your hair, you're also not alone. Remember, patience is a virtue. And when patience runs out, there's always Valium. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment