Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, November 21, 2011

And That's Why They Call Them Half Days

It's the week before Thanksgiving. Every child and parent knows that means only one thing: half days. To a kid, this means it's easier to go to school, because they're going to be out before they know it. The whole day seems to go by faster as classes are shorter. And no matter what day of the week it is, a half day always feels like a Friday. I remember being in school and loving half days. It was pretty awesome.

Now here's the parents side. Half days means I still have to do all the prep work in the morning like he's going to school for a whole day. I still wake up early, make my pot of coffee, make him a "lunch", and get his uniform ready. We still have to go wait for the bus, and I still have to deal with Aj waking up before he should because he hears us walking around. Then, when I would normally have enough time to accomplish things, but not today.

Today, in about four hours, I'll have to go wait for the bus again. You would be surprised how much I can accomplish in four hours, but it still won't be what I normally get done in a day. Then, when Caleb gets home, I'll have an extra two hours of listening to the boys fight over toys and begging me to go outside, not to mention fighting over what they're going to eat.

So if you ever wondered why they called them half days when they're aren't really half of a school day, it's because it literally breaks a parent's day in half. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment