Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...Mom?

I think many women have this complex. We are superwoman. We take care of the kids, cook the meals, run the errands, get the groceries, clean the house, and do we need help? No. We got this. Help is nice, but unnecessary. If you need us, we're the tornado sweeping through the house, leaving in our wake not destruction, but order. Until one day...
Until the day we get sick and literally can't stand up long enough to brush our teeth, let alone clean the house. Then what's a superwoman to do? The answer is very simple. Ask for help. If you're like me, it can be difficult to ask for help when you need it. For so long you've been doing things on your own, and you've come to enjoy it. However, sometimes we need to swallow our pride and ask someone to lend a hand. Be it your significant other, a parent, or a sibling, find someone who is willing to help you. I'm sure it won't be as hard as you assume it will be. It could be even the simplest things, but you would be surprised how much one person can help you out. All you have to do is ask.
John Lennon said, "When you're drowning, you don't say, "I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me." you just scream." In other words, if you're really in a pickle, stop waiting for someone to automatically assume you need some help. Remember, you haven't needed any one's help in awhile. Instead, open your mouth and say, "Hey, I could really use some help with this." Unless the person you're talking to is a fool, he or she will probably help you.
Take the help, and when you can help someone else. It's only fair.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment