Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You've Thrown Off My Groove

I don't know about everyone, but I thrive on routine. Not a schedule, a routine. I don't do the same things at the same time everyday, but I usually try to do things in the same order. I get in my little groove, and I get things done. I can't stand it, when my routine gets thrown off, and the littlest things are usually what does it. Obviously the big things like a new baby or a vacation would change things up a bit, but you would be surprised at how little things throw me off.
If you want me to be coherent in the morning, I have to have my coffee. When I go to make it, if the trash can is full and I have to change the trash bag before I can throw out the old grounds, it throws me off. It's usually those days that nothing goes right, and I have to do six things just before I can do the one thing I needed to do in the first place.
Now there's a few things I can do here: Check the trash at night and change it before I go to bed; make the coffee before I go to bed; and if something small like that happens, not let it affect my mood. The first and second things would make the third unnecessary. But my ADD and I sometimes...ok most of the time we forget. So that leaves me with the third thing.
Every day, little by little, I learn that I have control over the way I act. Some days I'm better at it than others, but I'm still learning, and I will be until the day I die. It really isn't the end of the world that my groove was thrown off, I just have to realize that.
Are there things in life that you still need to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment