Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Never A Dull Moment

It's Friday, and you know what that means: grocery shopping day. I took things one and two with me today, which always makes for interesting occurrences. At least once while we're out and old lady will tell me how cute they are. More than once every time we're out Caleb will tell a stranger that he lost his Batman car. Today, he decided to do more than that.

As we walked from isle to isle, Caleb carried his precious Curious George fruit snacks. He asked to have them and I let him, partially because he asked so nicely, but mostly because they were on sale. Of course in Caleb's mind, that means everyone we pass in the store wants to know about his George snacks. Young, old, friendly, unfriendly, Caleb didn't care. They were going to know he got his snacks. There was a man who works at the store stacking some products. Caleb walks right up to him and says, "Whatcha dooooin?" (We watch too much "Phineas and Ferb") The man tells him he's working and is very nice and polite, which to Caleb means we can stand there and talk to this man for 5 minutes asking him what his favorite color is and if he likes fruit snacks.

When I finally tell Caleb it's time to keep moving, the man looks at me and says, "Having a boy ask a lot of questions is a good thing." Well I've had time to think about that more, and I have to agree. Curiosity is something that should never be looked-down upon. Children crave learning and they will do so any way they can. They should be allowed to learn through whatever means, as long as they're learning. And besides, it pretty much guarantees that trips to the grocery store will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment