Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Son: The Motivator

I hate laundry with a passion. I hate it so much I'll end up with four or five loads to do before I'll actually concede and do it. We usually have to pick the clean clothes we need out of the baskets for a few days before I'll actually put them away. Like I said, I hate it. I'm convinced my son knows this and wants to help me with this nasty little habit. Yesterday, he broke into our bedroom and took a glass of root beer with him. He decided it would be nice to spill it all over our comforter and some clean clothes that were sitting on the floor. Laundry immediately becomes my first priority since I'd actually like to be warm while I sleep. In to the washer goes the comforter, bypassing the three loads sitting in front of the washer waiting to be cleaned, and also making me do something about the load in the dryer I had forgotten about. Needless to say, I got some laundry done yesterday.
The moral of the story is this: Sometimes, we as parents look only at the negative parts of the situation. Instead, might I suggest taking a step back and learning to laugh no matter how difficult it is. Yesterday, I could have screamed at that kid, but the more I think about it the funnier it gets. And hey, let's face it, I should probably thank him for it.

Thank your kids for something today. It will make everyone feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe..I also hate laundry. I know that if I bring it upstairs and fold it and put it back in the baske, That I will put it away that day just because I can't stand looking at it!

    ReplyDelete