Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Parents Can Learn From John Lennon

Sunday was a very lazy day for me. There was nothing pressing I had to get done; nothing terribly important I needed to do. I ended up on the couch with the kids watching Dora the Explorer, Team Umizoomi, and occasionally the backs of my eyelids. At around 12:30 when I decided I probably should do something, I felt like I had wasted the day just sitting on the couch. The dishwasher still needed to be unloaded, laundry changed over and put away, and I still hadn't had coffee. Chalk one up for the lazy mom, right? Wrong.

John Lennon said, "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time." It may seem that way at first. With everything that needs to be done around the house, it's difficult to justify a little time to do nothing. When you think about it though, I was spending time snuggling on the couch with my boys, which isn't going to happen for much longer. How important is the laundry? The dishes? They're still going to be there when I get around to them. Yes, they need to be done but more important is spending time with my kids. Life is short, and I'm not guaranteed another minute with them. Let's all make it a point to enjoy the time we have.

Thanks to my Dad for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment