Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Monday, October 24, 2011

But I Don't Wanna!

I probably couldn't count on one hand how many times during the day one of my kids will tell me they don't want to do something. Brush your teeth, eat your dinner, go to bed- they usually are responded to the same way, "But I don't wanna!" Of course usually I say, "Get used to doing things you don't like to, 'cause that's life." They don't get it, but at least I've said it.

I was wondering, where did this come from? Did they just automatically understand they can whine about stuff? Did they magically come up with this phrase, and if so, how does every child come up with this phrase on their own? Then it occurred to me...

"Mommy, the sun's up. That means wake up." But I don't wanna!

"Hey babe, can you do some laundry?" But I don't wanna!

-Trash overflowing, no one here but me. But I don't wanna!

-Dishes piling up in the sink. But I don't wanna!

"Mommy, there's no juice packs left. Let's go to the store!" But I don't wanna!

Well I figured out where that came from...woops. At least the advice I gave him was sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment