Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Friday, October 14, 2011

"A Ministering Angel Shall My Sister Be..."

Growing up with my sister was like riding a roller coaster. One minute, we would fight, the next minute we were laughing so hard no sound was coming out. We fought over music, baseball players, and who already cleaned what. We laughed over everything and anything. Out of dead silence, and without prompting, we would both start singing the same song, at the same part, in the same key. She could take any class in school and pass without breaking a sweat. She could play volleyball as well as a professional, and make sweating (and falling) look good.

But more importantly, if I had trouble with a class in school, she would help me. She didn't get mad when I decided I wanted to play volleyball too. In fact, it turned into something that we thoroughly enjoy doing together. If I had boy problems, she would talk to me. If I had any problems, she would help me how she could. We've laughed together, loved together, drank wine and cried together. We've seen happy times together, and we've mourned the loss of loved ones together. Through it all, even through the dark times, came out of it together.

No matter what we go through in the future, we will go through it knowing that we always have each other; that our best friend will be right next to us the whole way. I am thankful that I was born a younger sister, because I'm not sure I could have made it without her. Happy birthday Mindy!

“For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands." ~ Christina G. Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment