Me and My Boys!

Me and My Boys!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Once Upon A Morning Dreary

Once upon a morning dreary, while I woke up cold and weary,
Wishing I could rest my head upon my pillow as before.
While I thought of simply napping, suddenly I heard the lapping,
As of someone tap-tap-tapping, tapping on the roof and doors.
"Must be raining out," I thought, "raining on the roof and doors."
This it was, and nothing more.

At that moment, I remember, I felt like it was December,
Cold and damp and dark and icky as all winters have before.
Long I stood there, hoping, praying, waiting there with cup and staying,
Until the coffee pot brewed it's magic juice no more.
"I'm not leaving here," I said, "Until my coffee brews no more."
"Give me coffee, and nothing more."

Cup in hand and chores I'm doing, while more coffee, it is brewing,
Giving me the strength I need to accomplish many chores.
Drywall, tape, and mud and spackle, nothing is too much to tackle,
While my friend is with me and it's energy I implore.
"Surely," says my body, "Surely you must sleep some more."
Quoth the coffee, "Nevermore."

No comments:

Post a Comment